We made plans to finally have a long overdue dinner with Carrie & John. Carrie suggested Ketchup, and as soon as I saw the pics, I was IN. Besides the fact that I am a complete ketchup addict (ask Carrie - she'll remind you of the days where I brought my own miniature bottle of Heinz with me everytime we'd go out, just in case the establishment didn't have my fave ketchup available to go along with my crinkle-fries. I don't do poser Ketchup like Del Monte. ew.) This place was all white and red! My favorite! I couldn't wait to check this place out. I jacked a few pics from their website:
(We sat right about where this picture was taken from)
The Banasky-Dodsons. :)
It didn't disappoint, although it was quite a scene. Ed kept sayin' that he half expected the paparazzi to show up because Lindsay Lohan was bound to appear. (Oh wait, nevermind - isn't she in rehab?) I will say they have the most scrumptiously-fruity drinks ever. I was drinking Summer Lovin' martini's and Ed had the Dazed and Confused martini. They even had a cart that would come around with free shots! Jeez. I wasn't really expecting to do such heavy drinking, but it was fun. (Joni - they even had a martini with Yoo-Hoo chocolate milk and Starbucks Coffee liqueur in it!)
We ordered some fun food too. They had Ketchup Fries, which were basically 3 different types of French Fries with 5 different ketchups. The Fire Fries were Ed's fave, the Sweet Potato fries were surprisingly my fave (I never liked Sweet Potatoes before!) and the Parmesan Fries weren't bad, but they woulda been better sans the cheese. I can't remember all 5 ketchup types, but they were pretty yummy, too. I know there was a classic, a chipotle, a mango and one with ranch. We also ordered mini Kobe beef chili dogs. They were adorable! The two dogs came out and they were the cutest little miniature dogs I had ever seen. Seriously, they were dwarfishly small, but that was okay - I had to save room for more martinis! I ordered he salmon for dinner and it came with lobster mashed potatoes. The meal was some serious over-indulgence, but it was worth it!
Since we had some time before we had to be at the museum, and we were so close to The Standard, we decided to walk over and grab another drink. We also really needed to walk off that dinner before we fell asleep. We had a great time sittin' by the pool, watchin' all the people who were too-cool-for-school.
Carrie 1
Carrie 2
We had to leave not long after because John stood up and farted, and I was getting pretty hammered. After I got to this point, we thought it would be a good time for me to walk it off:
Next was LACMA for the Muse event. Carrie hooked us up with free tix.
The event was featuring some 60s & 70s SoCal art from their permanent collection, along with some colonial Latin American art. It was okay - we all agreed we'd seen better there, but Ed was stoked 'cause Los Abandoned played. They are pretty cool. I think they looked like an American Apparel advertisement, but I gave ups 'cause they did know how to rock.
Shortly after, we left 'cause it was like 11:30 and still 1 billion degrees outside. We went back to Carrie & Johns to watch some CHiPs on their brand-new TV.
All in al, it was an excellent night!!! Thanks Banasky-Dodsons!

3 comments:
what a fun night!
I love that John stood up and farted! I am still laughing! Looks like you have bangs in that last picture of you and Ed. Fun night! How was the Tofu Festival Sunday?
san diego carrie must of came out by the looks of that last pic at the standard! i love her!
Post a Comment