Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hola!



I just took an amazing shower and needed to soothe my internet withdrawl, so I am stopping by to say hi to all my blogosphere homies! It's hard to believe we are finally here - this trip was planned so long ago, and now that it's arrived, it's kinda surreal!

The flight wasn't as bad as we thought - Ed & I popped an ambien and slept almost the entire leg from LAX to Panama. Seeing as how we didn't leave until 2am, we weren't worried that we'd be tired, we just wanted to ensure a solid snooze! We woke up just in time to switch our plane and get on to Argentina!

The plane going to Argentina kept cracking Ed & I up! Let's just say it was rowdy! People were traveling in large groups - Ed & I as a couple seemed very much in the minority. You looked down the aisle of the plane and people were just standing in the aisle talking, laughing, and just kickin' it! Then, people sang songs, and when we landed, people cheered and clapped! Fun stuff. We got a kick out of it.

Then, once arriving in the airport, we realized we were very far away from home. We had the expected, uh - where do we go now?, looks on our faces, and we made arrangements for the remice (driver) we needed to get to our hotel. The cars are so funny here - lots of teeny little french and italian cars, kinda banged up, but drivin' around nonetheless.

We had a reservation at a place downtown proper called Embassy Suites - and much to our surprise it was NOT the Embassy Suites from back home! I sound like such a priss, but I almost cried. It was just so sketchy and weird, I was exhausted and feeling so dirty, but I was afraid if I opened a door or a window, roaches would come pouring out. I had to use the bathroom really bad, and then we couldn't figure out how to flush the toilet! We decided we should get some food and have a drink to take the edge off. After all, our room was waiting for us at our awesome Hotel Home in the a.m., so we just needed to sleep.

I got some delicious skewers and I polished off about 1/2 a bottle of wine - and you all know, that's a lot for me! We came back and slept on top of the sheets with the lights on. At 8am, it was time to get the heck out of there! We were on the 13th floor though, so we had a really cool view from our balcony ... so that's me at the top, before we bailed!

Now, we are in Palermo. It's beautiful, charming and exciting. I can't wait to go and explore after Ed gets out of the shower. So - more later.

Adios!

2 comments:

...kristen... said...

you made it! i hope you guys' have an ab fab time!!

Jennifer Shrier said...

Very exciting! Can't wait to see more of your trip!