Saturday, May 10, 2008

Unbelieveable!!!

It's Ed's big 35th birthday on Monday, and to celebrate we are in San Diego, to stay at one of the most amazing hotels we've ever seen - The Keating. We've long been waiting to come here, as it's designed by the famous italian design house, Pininfarina - who is most well known for their ferrari car design, but now have branched out into more modern and industrial design. Also, it's all done in red and white ... how could a place be more up my alley?!?

Anyway - we arrived finally and found out that we got UPGRADED 2X, to the Stanza Chic, which is a junior suite!!! It's AMAZING! No way can my pics do it justice, so I am stealing some from the web (and I'll try to post some of my own later). I don't wanna leave this room!!! We have a shower closet, our own espresso machine, bang & olufsen electronics, and the fanciest hotel stationery, shampoo and min bar ever! Lots more to come ...



This is our suite!



That's some serious modern italian design going on - his & hers sinks!



I'm gonna take a LONG shower. Check out the size of that shower head on the ceiling!



My favorite picture - the lobby. I've posted this one before, but it's so beautiful, I had to post it again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy early birthday ED!!! That suite looks amazing! You have definitely outdone our Best Western upgrade in Solvang! haha Have a fabulous week-end! We will have to make birthday month plans soon! Much love! xoxo...Brittany n Wade

n/a said...

This hotel has your names all over it!
Great style :)
Happy Bday to Ed!

...kristen... said...

What an awesome room! I can't believe Ed is 35...time goes waaaay to fast.

Jennifer Shrier said...

You guys crack me up! We mailed Ed a postcard from Cancun ON his birthday hoping he would notice the postmark. But I don't think it has arrived yet. Booooo. You two are opening our eyes to what a night at a hotel should be. We usually just aim for price but F that! We're going to start aiming for swank!