Monday, December 10, 2007

Movies, Movies, Movies!

Thank god there are finally some good movies to see these days. Ed & I went to see Morgan Spurlock's new documentary, What Would Jesus Buy, a few weeks ago, and sadly I was a bit disappointed. It was good and all, but I thought it was a little too much about the theatrics of Reverend Billy and the Church of Stop Shopping than the whole Christmas madness and consumerism issue. Ah well, you can't win 'em all I suppose.


But this weekend, I am happy to report that Ed & I caught Juno at the Arclight and it was just as fantastic as I thought it would be. Good peeps, good story, good music, good vibe. it's hilarious, but also very sweet at the same time. Check it out.

More to come that I really wanna see:


I'm Not There. This looks so kick-ass. It's 6 different actors, all portraying Bob Dylan at different stages of his life. I'm in.


Margot at the Wedding. I'm not quite sure what to expect, but it's got Jack Black, Jennifer Jason Leigh, and Nicole Kidman. I'll give it a shot.


Lars and the Real Girl. This movie looks quirky. And I like quirky.


Last but not least...Walk Hard (The Dewey Cox Story). John C. Reilly AND from the guys who brought us Knocked Up and Superbad?!? YES!

3 comments:

n/a said...

I have heard so many good things about Juno. I want to see that and I thought Margot at the Wedding was Great.
Fun seeing you guys at Joni's:)
xo

Jennifer Shrier said...

I really want to see Juno, I have a crush on Michael Serif. Not sure what to do about Margot at the wedding. I loathe Nicole Kidman, worship Jack Black and am 50/50 about Jennifer Jason Leigh. Does my love for Jack Black outweigh my hatred for Nicole Kidman? Maybe I'll rent it. I'd like to see all those on your list. You (or anybody reading this) seen "Once"? Christ, the reviews alone are so bold I've GOT to check it out to see what all the hub-bub is all about. Like this critic review: "Are you looking for a little film you can make your own, an enchanting, unpretentious blend of music and romance you can watch forever? If you do, Once is about to come into your life and make it whole." Holy crap!!!!

Jennifer Shrier said...

Wow, I guess I don't have that big of crush on Michael CERA, since I can't even remember his name in my previous comment. What a poser I am huh?