Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas Tunes

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hey kids - if you're feelin' the spirit and wanna hear some fine vintage tunes while trimming your tree and wrapping your gifts, drop by this blog where a fine young Swedish chap masterfully makes the BEST compilations of music I've ever heard - AND lets you download the playlists! It's amazing, he makes all the artwork and everything. I wish this guy was my long-lost Swedish brother. I am tempted to write some fan mail.

Things have been insane at work these days. Now that I no longer work for city goverment, I realize the hecticness of a 9-letter word - DEADLINES. It's gonna be okay, but I am pretty brain-dead by the end of the day. I basically stay late, drive home and zone out on my couch watching rerun after rerun of Project Runway.

But - I digress from my Christmas theme. This year Ed & I adopted a 13 year old orphan named Lluvia. We went shopping for her tonight and bought her some real cute clothes and some Christmas candy. The orphange gives you a photo of the kid, and their pant/shirt/shoe sizes, because clothes are what they really need the most. Lluvia's favorite colors are white and red - just like me!

It feels so good to be buying things for her and giving someone gifts who really needs it. I am going to wrap her gifts up and make a little stocking. I think I should include some lip gloss and nail polish too. You know, the girl essentials. I am excited.

I also can't wait for Joni's 4th annual Tacky Xmas Sweater Party tomorrow! I need some time with my peeps!

5 comments:

Jennifer Shrier said...

Dude, how cute are you? Sending your orphan lip gloss and nail polish. You make me want to squeeze you Precious! That's very cool of you guys to help someone they way you are. I want to talk to you about that tonight at the Sweater party.

n/a said...

I want an orphan! Seriously you are the bomb and I wish you were my adopted mom.
Also thanks for doing my survey.
Also ...one hiccup per day? Weird!
See ya tonight.
xo

...kristen... said...

you guys' are super awesome to buy gifts for Lluvia. now that's what xmas is about!

Joni Marie Newman said...

I love that you guys have an orphan...is it just for xmas? that is so awesome. also, i feel you about just zoning out after work. I feel the same way. there is so much i WANT to do when i get home, but i am just too pooped. hopefully, we'll get into the groove and things will get better :)

Simon Templar said...

Hey thank you for the heads up and your kind words, Carrie! Glad that you like my work, more compilations will be released next year. Merry Christmas!