Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Goodies!

Joni and Kristen inspired me to make a few gifts this year rather than just buying stuff, so asked my mom if she was game for a baking day and she said yes! My mom is master of the kitchen, and when it comes to baking, I have a lot to learn. We tried out Martha Stewart's Chocolate Peppermint Cookie recipe - and, snap! - they are GOOD. We also got to make my Grandma's old Swiss Sugar Cookies (the recipe is over 100 years old, can you believe that?) and we made some Pumpkin loaves, too. It was a good time, and I had fun with my mom.

I'm totally a nerd and care the most about the packaging, so I went all Martha Stewart with it, and went off.



Did I do you proud, Joni?

4 comments:

n/a said...

WOW! How did you do that? Where did you find the packaging etc??? I really want to know b/c Tim and I are making cookies for presents this year too!

...kristen... said...

scrumptious! yummy! delicious! mmm mmm good!

Jennifer Shrier said...

Holy crap! See, that's why I have the coolest friends. They are so creative! You could open a store! Very impressive.

Joni Marie Newman said...

sooo cute. ho'made presents are the best. especially when you can eat them! i love those boxes with the clear tops. where did you get those?