Monday, July 16, 2007

Ed, Me & Bulgogi Make Three.

Yesterday Ed & I went to his mom's house to get a lesson in Korean cooking. The goal was to learn how to make bulgogi, which is the most scrumptiously marinated thin, flank type steak that is super yummy. I was anxious to learn - afterall, I gotta know how to make the husband's comfort food, and I also love the stuff! In true Korean-mom fashion, she prepared an enormous lunch first before the cooking began - and I wasn't complaining!

Bulgogi ended up being a lot easier to make than I thought...it's basically onions, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, and more green onions! We made so much that my mother-in-law insisted we take home 2 large tupperware boxes full of individually bagged portions. We're knee-deep in bulgogi now, so ya'll come on over and try it before Ed & I end up with record setting cholesterol from eating red meat everyday! We had a great time though and I really enjoyed my lesson.

Here is tonight's dinner:
















That's the bulgogi in the bowl, on top of rice. To the right, we have bindedduk, which are Korean pancakes made out of egg, onions, kimchi and seafood...and the green stuff is me & Ed's favorite: sauteed spinach.

















Look at Ed...so happy to be eating food from the homeland!

















I've come a long way in the last few years - I'm not such a picky eater anymore!



3 comments:

...kristen... said...

how domestic of you!

Jennifer Shrier said...

Do you deliver? I'd like 2 orders of Bulgogi combo meals and an extra large side of Kimchi to go. Hey!!! You're wearing the shirt! You look HOT!! Do you guys make the kimchi? I freakin' LOVE Kimchi. I'd like to learn quite a few Korean recipes if they are all as good as that one sounds.

Joni Marie Newman said...

nice food porn!