I can't help it, I'm a font nerd. Even though this is the 1 zillionth type poster I've had to design on a font, I have to admit - I don't really get tired of it. Anyway, I'm already done and I'm just hanging out in class - the teacher makes us stay the whole time, even if we've finished our work! So I figure this is a great time to introduce my captive audience to a font called Frutiger. It was designed in 1968 for all of the signage in the Charles De Gaulle airport in Paris. It's clean, simple and legible. I like it! Give Frutiger a try some day just to mix things up, eh?
Thursday, April 26, 2007
I'm a Font Nerd
I can't help it, I'm a font nerd. Even though this is the 1 zillionth type poster I've had to design on a font, I have to admit - I don't really get tired of it. Anyway, I'm already done and I'm just hanging out in class - the teacher makes us stay the whole time, even if we've finished our work! So I figure this is a great time to introduce my captive audience to a font called Frutiger. It was designed in 1968 for all of the signage in the Charles De Gaulle airport in Paris. It's clean, simple and legible. I like it! Give Frutiger a try some day just to mix things up, eh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i will use it on my next inter office memorandum :)
i use frutiger often. it is definitely legible, yet it has such style!
isn't it weird that tiger is half the font name? maybe in 1968, that dude was eating fruit, and feeling your tiger vibes about to hit the earth in a few years...just maybe?
Post a Comment