Friday, February 9, 2007

I'm doing grrrrrr-eat!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

[Sorry for the cheesy reference, I couldn't help it]

So like I don't mean to brag or anything, but I haven't smoked a cigarette in over 4 weeks. To be real picky, it's actually closer to 5 weeks, but I'm not there yet, so we'll just stick with 4. Overall, I am feeling spectacular. My mouth doesn't taste like an ashtray when I get up in the morning, I really feel like I have more energy, and I swear - I think my skin is glowing or something.

Admittedly, when my mind starts to roll forward and I start thinking - wow, I'm never gonna smoke again, it kind of depresses me. I really do miss it. But I just stop thinking that far ahead now, and just go for the standard, cliche, "one-day-at-a-time" mindset. And it works! Boy those days add up real quick. Before I knew it, it's been over a month and I'm like, what?!? Cool.

So anyway, I suppose what's bringing this on is that it's a nice morning here at The Lakes and my balcony looks all lonely. It's slightly overcast - not cold, just crisp - and it's a cigarette-break calling if there ever was one. But nah, I'm just gonna get things together and get out of the house for awhile. I'm getting a haircut today, yippee!

-end-

4 comments:

n/a said...

nice work kiddo!
treat yourself to a few more hours of guitar hero :)
one day at a time really works btw.
xoxoox

...kristen... said...

awesome dude! yeah, smoking and skin don't mix. i thinks it's my time real soon. i'm beginning to feel the same disgusted feel i felt the last time i quit.

Joni Marie Newman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.