This is the first time in my smoking life I've ever felt a slight pang to maybe quit. It's just that I love smoking. Like I really, really, really love smoking. I know some people think it's gross, I know some people think it stinks, but I just really like it. I try to be considerate around others and not force others to endure my bad habit. But I'm startin' to feel like maybe I oughtta cut this shit out.
It started 'cause I got a new car, and this is the first time I've ever had a new car. I was always embarrassed to offer people rides because (a) my car was a giant piece of crap and (b) it smelled like cigarettes. I am a i-love-smoking-in-the-car smoker. I would say that 90% of my smoking occurs when I am driving a motor vehicle. It's like as soon as I hop in, I gotta light up. But now, I don't want my car to be all icky - and I wanna be able to give people a lift, so I decided no smoking in the new wheels.
Soooo....then that started me thinking. If I stop in the car, that's more than 1/2 the battle right there. I don't smoke inside my house, and its too damn cold out there at night sometimes and I don't feel like going out there anyway. Why not just go with it? Just stop it all. I never take smoke breaks during work or anything - the only time I smoke during the day is if I happen to be in my car....
Then, I got sick. Smoking while sick is not cool with me. It's just gross.
But now I'm on Day 5 of no smoking and I feel crankier than I've ever felt in my life. I'm pissed off. But a cigarette still doesn't sound that great, but I feel like having one so I'll stop being a bitch.
But then I started googling and I found these:
Woo Hoo! SMOKE-FREE CIGARETTES! Yessssssssssss. This is what I need! I just want something I can hold and pretend with - this will help me! Check out this cool chart - boy are they thourough.
The only thing that would be cooler would be if I could find that fake puffy thingy that Margot Tenenbaum uses. That was sweet. Hmmm...maybe I should check into that.
Thanks http://www.lightfree.com !

4 comments:
Sounds like a good choice...I'm quitting AGAIN at New Year's. I think the more of us who quit the easier it will be...it sucks when your hangin' and everyone in the room leaves to have a smoke. Now, we can stay inside together and chat about how cool we are. :)
p.s. THANK GOD New year's isn't for 2 more weeks! :)
i support you
100 percent! (additive free)
HAHAHA! Y'all were smoking at my house last night. As long as Joni smokes...you all will smoke. When I move away or quit, then you can quit. Until then...smoke 'em if you got 'em.
Post a Comment