Monday, March 9, 2009

The REAL Barbie Malibu Mansion!



So maybe I'm not the biggest Barbie fan, but when I heard Jonathan Adler (one of my most favorite designers ever!) this morning on the radio talking about the Malibu mansion he just designed for Barbie's 50th birthday, I immediately had to do a search online for the fantastic photos! After all, he said that hanging in the living room is an authentic Warhol painting of Barbie herself ... and hanging from the ceiling is a giant chandelier made of BLONDE DOLL HAIR! I just had to see this for myself. Pictured above is the exterior. Nice digs, Barbie!

Although I couldn't find a photo of the chandelier, here are the goods I found:







Jonathan Adler is one crazy dude. Ed & I are big fans of The Parker in Palm Springs. Our aspiration in life is to be actual guests at the hotel someday. We've visited many times, and if you want a glimpse of how wacky, but cool is design sensibilities are, check out some of our pics here.

1 comment:

Jennifer Shrier said...

The shoes in the closet made me say "awww" and stole my breath the second I saw it! I love the mirror, very Busby Berkeley-esque. And I really liked the way he decided the living room needed to be 'kittenish'. The more I see and hear from this John Adler dude the more I like!