Sunday, September 7, 2008

Portland

Portland was super rad, and did live up to all it's hype. Wow - what a foodie town, such fresh locally grown foods and tons of restaurants! It really made me miss the REAL part of LB I used to live in - over here in the 'burbs we're surrounded by big business and corporate chains. It felt so good to be back in the independent scene and support local business and try something different. I brought home Stumptown coffee and now I drink it in the mornings while reminiscing about the trip.

It was also nice to see Obama signs in every front yard, and lots of young couples our age with their cool houses and stylish little babies. And, I also just really want sweater weather to arrive again!

We posted a big daddy entry over at thosecoolkims, but I just wanted to post a few more faves.


Ed's really cute, even when he's drinkin' PBR.


Me, introducing Latourell Falls


Seriously, for a non-nature-y girl, I was really feelin' the green. It's good for you.


I'm a Forest Ranger!


That's my mister!

Ya'll should check the album ... and book yourself a trip right afterwards!


4 comments:

...kristen... said...

those waterfalls look amazing! i really, really, really want to go to portland!

Banasky Dodson said...

I'm with you...I want sweater weather to return as well!

Jennifer Shrier said...

Glad you liked Portland. It is a really cool town. Cute sweater!

Joni Marie Newman said...

i <3 oregon! I love portland too, but would love to live about an hour away and visit on the weekends. i really need to get up there again soon. you guys look like you really packed in a lot in one weekend!