
I've been putting off this entry for awhile, but its time to vent ...
I have been dealing with a Smartwater problem for longer than I can even remember now. Basically, I would go through about 2-3 of these bottles pictured above each and every day. I would buy cases at Trader Joe's and just go through them like water (excuse the pun). Then even Costco started carrying cases of Smartwater, and it got even easier to justify the mass consumption because hey - its Costco, you buy bulk at Costco, right? Anyway, yes - drinking this much water is a healthy good thing, of course ... but this is not an addiction I'm proud of.
Smartwater really DOES taste better. I don't quite know how else to describe it outside of very cliched descriptions like "crisp", "pure", "clean" etc. Frankly, I consider it liquid perfection. No other water compares. It also doesn't hurt that the bottle has an excellent design - the tall, thin bottle fits easily in my cupholder, and is easy to carry around with you. It's also a pretty good looking bottle, too.
So, about six weeks ago, my conscience started kicking in. I mean, not only was I racking up a pretty hefty water bill each week, but look at all those bottles I was using and throwing away! It's so much waste! I really decided I needed to stop it - it's just not cool to be indulging this way anymore. So I bought myself a fancy-schmancy PUR water filter that attaches directly to the faucet, a reusable 1 liter size water bottle, and made a commitment to get off my Smartwater habit.
I've stuck to the plan - but it's rough! I miss the Smartwater A LOT. I have broken down a bought a bottle here and there - but in the last six weeks, I have cut back tremendously. But it hurts. So I have decided to purge, vent about my beloved Smartwater and get over it ...
That felt good.

4 comments:
just recycle the bottles and buy more smartwater with the money!
seriously, good for you for kicking yet another habit. you rule.
i don't think drinking smart water is a bad thing...but, as joni already said, just recycle the bottles!! i mean, it's water...it's all good.
Good for you Carrie! Earth thanks you!
Yay Carrie! I love SmartWater too, but you're doing the right thing. Even recycling is not so great... they melt the plastic releasing nasty chemiclas into the air. I wish all Americans would be as responsible as you and kick their ridiculous and wasteful bottled water habit.
Post a Comment