Monday, March 31, 2008

The Vegas Wedding Chapel Phenomenon

This past weekend Ed & I went to Vegas for the first time since 2001! We were stoked, my mom & dad hooked us up with a 3-day/2-night stay Downtown. We'd never been downtown before and it was RAD! Way old-school, and more Sinatra than the bling down on the strip. It was a good time - we kept it real with 99 cent shrimp cocktails, $4 roulette and LOTS of neon-sign picture-taking! Check out my post on the thosecoolkims blog for all the Old School signage (ya'll know by now that I got a real thing for cool signs!)

The highlight of the weekend though was our self-made tour of the Las Vegas Wedding Chapels. We drove up and down the street marveling over all the places you could get married. We almost got married again by an Elvis impersonator, but we refrained. But due to our enthusiasm, I had to capture some cool signs:


Of course, the famous drive-thrus. No Vegas wedding chapel picture recap would be complete without them.


The classic. "White Chapel" variations are always a crowd-pleaser.


I thought these guys had a lot to offer. Themed rooms, themed weddings and a FREE live webcast of the wedding? Suh-weeet.

Cupid is definitely for the romantics.

All time fave. Graceland Wedding Chapel.

Guess Jon Bon Jovi shares my opinion.


For the folks on a budget.



This has nothing to do with wedding chapels, but WTF?!?

3 comments:

...kristen... said...

webcast weddings?! man, we totally missed that one. now i don't feel so technologically advanced anymore.

Jennifer Shrier said...

I didn't realize there were so many! You two, I swear. Yet another GREAT idea.

n/a said...

Your pictures are amazing! What kind of camera are you using these days?
P.s. you make me want to get married in Vegas.