Friday, October 12, 2007

Nouvelle Vague




















I am totally feelin' these girls right now. I heard about them at The Standard - the girl who was doing my facial was awesome and she was playing this instead of that dumb pan flute music that everyone considers as the only relaxation music. Anyway, it was so good I had to ask her what it was. They are french chicks who do covers of 80's songs in a very sexy, swanky - but not too serious way. It's so awesome.

I guess I'm not as dialed in as I used to be, because it seems they've been out for awhile. their cover of "I'll Melt With You" was on a car commercial, and their cover of "Dancin' With Myself" is the theme song on LA Ink. I like the self-titled album, Nouvelle Vague, best - but the Bande a Part album runs a very close 2nd.

Anyway, buy this album, go put on something sexy, and surprise your man this weekend. I think you'll be down.

1 comment:

n/a said...

I agree! Charlotte introduced me to the Vague a few years ago. I just loved how chill and French they sound.
I never bought the album but thanks for reminding me b/c I really did love them!
P.s. You and Ed looked so cute at Joni's last weekend.
I think I might give you the cutest couple award.
Hurry up and do all your traveling b/c I want to see those cute little baby Kims.
;)
xo