Santa Barbara was tempting to stop and chill at, but it didn't seem far enough, and after 15 minutes, I was already sick of the Hacienda-themed buildings and Spanish-style architecture. And people can say there are hippies in SB, but I call BS...I saw more Mercedes & BMW's and people pushing 1-trillion dollar strollers than anything else. So we drove on, towards something a little more kitschy...Solvang.
I had never been to Solvang before. I didn't have any expectations really, just knew it would be a fun place to hang for about 2 hours. We walked along and found some great photo ops - why does the danish theme never get old?
You know what they say about guys with big feet...
Cloggin' (& Bloggin')
There's so much more to Holland than the clogs...
We thought we'd see if they were interested in a double date.
[insert caption here]
After we had our fill of Danish-kitsch, we decided to stop in for a yummy ice-cream sundae before getting back in the car...thanks Ingeborg!
So that was Solvang! On the way out of town, we drove by this beautiful stretch of flowers, and we just had to (try to) capture it!
Now we're in a motel in Morro Bay where we had to get our internet fix! Stay tuned...

2 comments:
You two are so funny! What a great idea, looks like you had a great time! Good for you for getting outta dodge for he weekend. That'll have to be us Shriers' agenda in the next couple months fo' shizzle my nizzle. Great pics!
Solvang is awesome! It looks like a cartoon town. They have lots of wine and beer tasting too!
Post a Comment