Day One of the new job has come and gone - and it went pretty darn well if I do say so myself! These people are nice. They're cool. They're really laid-back. No drama! I've got a cool little workspace, a nice computer and good music and conversation for 8 hours a day. I feel really comfortable there. The commute wasn't even as bad as I thought it would be!
I am just a teeny bit scared of messing up or not being what they expect me to be though. I know I'm just being hard on myself, but it's just that I could draw a crooked line with my butt at my old job and everyone thought it was great 'cause they didn't know any better. I guess I'm just afraid I'll let them down.
I feel a little better now that I got that out. I said it, and now hopefully I can just start seeing how ridiculous I sound. I'm gonna kick some ass.
This is also the end of Day One of the 1 billionth Korea trip Ed's been on lately. He's gone - again - until Friday. Man! :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
relax...they wouldn't have hired you if you weren't what they were looking for. be confident and be proud. if you mess up, it's okay, just learn from the experience.
you can do it!!!
just do the best you can and take it one day at a time.
if you need to call me for any artistic help... well...um... maybe you should call joni...or kris..
xoxoxo
you are as good as you think you are...or else you wouldn't think it!
Yeah, it's totally natural to be nervous about it. You're steppin' up to the plate, your workplace is a new challenge. But it also means that all YOUR natural talent will be nurtured. You will do awesomely. :)
Oh, and I relate to the missing the boyfriend (husband in your case) syndrome...taken from us by stupid work.
Post a Comment