Sunday, March 4, 2007

L.A. Day!

Ed & I needed a day to just hang out - so we took off this morning for LA to eat some food and check out some art! I was supposed to work today, but I sorta told a little white lie and told everyone "I had to be somewhere." I gave them my cell, told them to call me in case they had problems, and after that, Ed & I were off! We were hungry first, so we decided to get a hot dog at Pink's.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Man, why do hot dogs just hit the spot sometimes? Yum.
Ed enjoyed his Mushroom & Swiss dog...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
While I dug into the old standby, a chili dog with onions!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Of course, it's always fun to browse all the celeb pics while you're at Pink's, too. Vanna White & Pat Sajak, Lionel Ritchie, Huell Howser...there were some real good peeps that I was proud to pay homage to. But this one was just too good, we had to take a picture.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I love Phyllis Diller. But back to the dogs - good news, Joni: you can even get a Vegan Dog at Pink's! :) I dunno how they pull that off though...I'd ask for documentation...

After filling our bellies with satisfying junk food, we took off to catch the Magritte exhibition before it closed (the last day was today) at LACMA.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It was such an awesome exhibition! Magritte is such a trip. I wish I would've been around back in the day when he was creating his art. How strange he must've seemed amongst all of the other landscapes and stilllifes that artists were painting around his time. I mean he was a trippy, trippy dude! But in all seriousness, this is probably one of the most exciting things I've ever seen at LACMA. It inspired me. I wanna be a curator.

Afterwards, we wanted to see this contemporary pre-fab house exhibit at MOCA. It was small, but awesome. I wish I could just buy a chunk of land in the LB and plop one of these babies on it:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is the Sunset Breezehouse. It is my favorite pre-fab house. It's eco-friendly, stylish and affordable! We perused the books for awhile (someone had left a big stack of Alexander Calder art books on the table in front of the couch!) and enjoyed the little MOCA campus at the Pacific Design Center.

After bumming around for awhile, we decided we had to it a stop in at one of our fave Mexican Restaurants before we headed home...so we had an early dinner at Casa Escobar.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yummy margaritas, delicious tamales and too many chips with salsa to count, we were extremely satisfied - and full! - so we came back home. We are spending some quality time with the kitties, they are actually in the same room and not growling at each other...it's a breakthrough!

Fun fun day. I wish it was Friday again...

3 comments:

...kristen... said...

I want to ditch work too! Looks like a fun day...

Joni Marie Newman said...

Looks like mucho fun!

Questions:
1) Was that a real house on display, or just a picture/model? Those prefabs are so awesome.
2) Vegan dogs at Pink's? Dreams really do come true.
3) Why are you and Ed so damn cute together?

n/a said...

um, im not saying that i dont like looking at "l.a. day" but i want to see more of carrie kim's adventures!
xoxoxoox
(i will even take a guitar hero update)