Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Coachella Dreamin'

After taking a look at the Coachella lineup it made me real nostalgic for the good ol' event that takes out to the desert, where we pay too much for water, use nasty porta-potties and hear lots of good rock & roll. Last year was my 1st year - I used to try and play it off like the event had too much hype...afterall, I used to be the girl who would go to shows atleast once a month at places like the Troubador, where if you stood close enough, you got sprayed with the bass player's sweat everytime they turned around to sneer at the drummer. However, truth be told, it's an awesome time out there. The people were cool, the bands were great, and I love being out there under the stars at night. My memories of last year were pretty magical (cheesy as it sounds).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I had to laugh at myself though - because I am really starting to notice my age. I am pretty excited about the thought of seeing Willie Nelson out there! It will be sweeeet. Of course, there is also Air on the same day, which is fantastic...and I'm really curious to know what the teaches of Peaches could be like live. I'd imagine I could get a lot of jumping and screaming out of my system. But mostly, I'm looking forward to the trek to the desert, hanging out with my friends in the warm sun and being under the stars at night on the lawn.

Here we are last year, with Danna & Jarod:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As usual a SICK line-up. But damn them for breaking up the days fairly equally. If the Comedians of Comedy, The Arcade Fire, and Air were the same day I would be searching for a babysitter.