Here's an arial shot of the table:
I wanted to be fancy so I made little placecards with candles for everybody. I can't help it, I'm a nerd.
The food even turned out good! Thank goodness for my mom, she helped me out by doing a trial run with me on Friday night. My Mom & Dad both came over and they were our food tasters! Here's a pic of the finished birds, I can't believe I made this, it's way too adult-like. Look out next year, I might be making the Thanksgiving turkey!
The menu:
Mixed Green Salad
Cornish Game Hens
Wild Rice
Ed's Special Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Steamed Asparagus w/Bearnaise Sauce
Here's Ed excited in the kitchen:
One of my family's Christmas traditions is having mom's Ribbon Salad for dessert. It's made out of lime jello, cherry jello and a middle cheesecake-like layer with lemon jello, crushed pineapple and cream cheese. Usually mom makes it in a jello mold, but I used my fancy-schmancy wine glasses for everybody to have their own individual dessert. They were a hit!
And finally - the family.
Top Row: Ed, [future bro-in-law] Mani, sis-in-law Shannon, Kay [M-I-L]
Bottom: Paul [F-I-L], Aunt Grace, Uncle Luke
Yay for Christmas Eve '06!

2 comments:
looks like din-din was a huge success! the table set up is suh-weet!
so sophisticated, so chic, so grown up!
Post a Comment